Custom Search

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fun with Fire

Well, good news!

Last night was my first photo session post night classes. Truthfully, it took a while to motivate myself to get started, but once I did I got very excited.

You see, my wonderful in laws picked up a tripod for me at a garage sale and last night I finally got a chance to play with it and oh what fun I had! These photos - Fun with Fire - were all taken with a shutter speed of 30 seconds. I took the photos in complete darkness, the only light was the flame from my lighter. Below you will see the results.

:) Roon-bop


This isn't fun with fire, but look how well she stayed still for the slow shutter speed!






I wanted to put this one up, because I really like the me on the left. Because I placed the flame behind my body I look like a shadow... good to note - I'll have to play with this more - but not until my thumbs heal from all that flicking.


This one I did the most photoshoping. I brought the light down really low. I like the effect that it made. Perhaps it is something I should consider doing for the other ones as well.

No comments: