Custom Search

Monday, January 18, 2010

Still working on my new website

I am still working on my new website.  It has taken me longer than I would have expected.  There have been a few bumps in the road, but I guess that is to be expected considering I've never created a website before.  I mean, I have updated a website plenty of times, through various jobs, but I've never created one from scratch and connected it.

So here is the latest update.  I have created the home page, contact page, set up my new email address, and I'm currently working on customizing my new blog space.  I decided to go with Wordpress, because I could link it directly to the site, but I have to say, so far it is not nearly as user friendly as blogspot.  There is definitely going to be a learning curve here.  I have already customized it to look (sort of) like my website, but now I need to customize the sidebars and what is included there. 

Also, I still need to create my portfolios.  This I have left for last, because I have NO clue how I'm going to do this.  I have considered doing it through Adobe Bridge, because I know it's capable of it, but I'm not sure if I am able to embed that into the page I have already created for my portfolio space. 

All I have to say is this:  Thank goodness for the internet!  Oh how it has made my life so much easier.  I remember back in the day if you wanted to learn something, you had to go to the library and take a book out, and maybe that wouldn't even have all the information you'd need.  The internet is such a wonderful thing.  And thanks to everyone for contributing to it, making it so wonderful.

Tonight, while Curtis is at school, I'm going to continue to work on the site.  Soon I hope to share it with a handful of friends to take an objective look at it and let me know what they think, and then it'll be time to launch.  I'll be sad to see this blog go, but it'll be here for me to look back on.

The future is where it's at!

:) Roon-bop

No comments: