Custom Search

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

First Post

Well, I may as well start with an introduction.

My real name is Sarah, but for the purposes of this blog and as an introduction of my digital self, I go by Roon-Bop. I'm 25 years old, living in Toronto and am married to a wonderful man and have a sweet 9 month old pup.

On May 5th I will be starting classes at George Brown College in Toronto, ON in digital photography. I have always been interested in photography, but always in a casual sense. I decided to take continuing eduction courses in it, because I was feeling under stimulated at work and felt like I needed to do something creative and thoughtful. Never one to spend money, this was a pretty big step and commitment for me.

From May 5 - June 23 I will be taking 2 courses. Mondays are Intro to Digital Imaging and Thursdays are Digital Photography I. After that will be a bit of break in classes, as I'll need to wait for the fall semester. I will however be enjoying the summer months taking what I have learned and practising.

Currently I am using a 10X zoom point and shoot Panasonic camera. By week 3 of the course, I will have had to have made a purchase of a DSLR. I've been researching cameras for months, but will wait until after I hear what my teachers have to say before I make my final decision. At the moment I am leaning towards a Nikon. I have many questions about the purchase. I want to buy something of professional quality, but I can't afford to spend $5,000 on a camera. I'm interested in how important price is when considering quality in a camera.

I guess the whole point of this blog is to capture and invite you to share in my journey into photography. Hopefully we will be able to see a transformation in my skills and my creativity and learn much. I will post blogs about things I've learned, pictures I've taken and general thought and commentary. Comments and suggestions are always welcome!

Thanks for reading!

:) Roon-bop

No comments: