Custom Search

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Starting Point

I thought I would start off by posting some pictures I've recently taken to show my starting point. I have to admit, I'm not a complete blank slate. After I signed up for my first photography classes I borrowed a book from the Toronto Public Library (props to Deer Park for having it in). This book helped me see photography and photographs differently. The book was John Hedgecoe's The Art of Digital Photography. I really enjoyed this book because it wasn't full of technical camera information, but was great at showing the importance of framing and planning a shot. I've also been reading blogs. Primarily Digital Photography School and Natalie Norton's Pics and Kicks. Basically, as of late, I've been surrounding myself with photography.

These are some pictures I took this past weekend. My husband and I took the dog (Dimi - rhymes with Timmy and is short for de minimis maximus) to the dog park and I used it as an opportunity. None of these pictures have been processed. I don't have Photoshop yet, so they come to you direct from the camera.








No comments: