Custom Search

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Class begins November 1

So, with Photography 2 done and out of the way, I'm on to Photography 3. I'm not really sure what to expect with this one, whether its more camera stuff, or continuing with Photoshop.

Class starts this SATURDAY! This will be my first (but not last) Saturday class. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Its from 9 am - noon, which means, no sleeping in on Saturday morning, but being done at noon is better than 1-4. At least I still have much of the day left once I get back home.

Here is the course description:
This course covers both the art of photography and digital image manipulation – two important and extremely useful fields of visual communication in the rapidly expanding digital world. Explore composition, lighting, point of view and subject matter, and examine the technical aspects of cameras and computer interfacing. Expand on skills acquired in PHOT 9038 (Digital Photography II) by manipulating images in Adobe Photoshop.

I suspect that it will be both learning more about the uses of the camera and Photoshop. One thing I have to admit I very much like to get out of classes is the teacher's inside information and experiences as a photographer, that I otherwise would not have known. I like to hear them complain about certain things, or praise others. More than anything, that's what I am looking to get out of this. Any one can pick up a camera, a book, do research on the Internet and figure out how to be an amazing photographer. Through school, I hope to learn from the people and find my way through this crazy career.

:) Roon-bop

No comments: