Custom Search

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Totally Stressed Out

Well everyone... I apologize for being away so long.

I had my first class of Photography IV. The first assignment is due on the second last class, and I've been working on it all week. And I have nothing to show for it. I'm pulling my hair out, losing sleep... it's terrible. Hopefully I'll get a breakthrough at some point.

The assignment is to take a picture of a white box, lighting it so that the exposure of each side of the box (top, front, side) are one stop different from the next. The front should be perfectly exposed, the top overexposed by 1 stop and the side under exposed by 1 stop. We are to do all of this with light. I have been using my neighbours' lamp, because I don't own one, and she is away this week. But she gets back tomorrow, and I have nothing, so for the next few days, I'm not even going to think about this assignment. Instead I will focus on...

...Poco... the new pup. We're picking him up on Sunday! I can't wait. And while I'm at it, I think I'll also pick up a lamp... something I can use in my assignment... I don't even want to admit how many shots I've taken, and how many times I moved the light... oh, it's all too pathetic!

I can tell you one thing. If I'm ever able to pull this white box assignment off... I will be on TOP of the world! If I can't pull it off... well... then I've failed the class and wasted $400....

:S Roon-bop

No comments: