Custom Search

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Fault of Digital Photography

One things I've been thinking about as a fault of digital photography is that because there is no film, photographers may perceive that they don't need to take as much time thinking about the photograph, because there is no limit to the number of pictures one can take. Perhaps, its just me, because I'm so used to point and shoot cameras, where you're taking pictures of your life events, but it seems to me perhaps we've just lost our patience in an age of instant gratification.

Back in the day when plates were used to take photographs, you only had a few tries to get it right. As such, you had to really concentrate to make sure the lighting was right, the picture is framed properly, the exposure is correct, etc. I've been thinking about it quite a bit. So my latest resolution is to scope out and think about my pictures more before I start shooting. This should hopefully make my photos better.

We'll see.

:) Roon-bop

No comments: