Custom Search

Friday, September 5, 2008

Photography II

Alright, so I had my first class this week. It was alright... a little slow, but I'm hoping it will pick up. My biggest fear at the moment is that I'll already know most of the stuff that we're learning. After taking Intro to Digital Imaging, which WAS a prerequisite and now isn't (grrr) I'm afraid that we're going to cover many of the same things. From the course syllabus it looks like perhaps the last class I'll be learning something new.

On the other hand, holy pimp labs! Our classes are now in the new St. James building, and it is awesome! Last year I was using the oldest macs ever, with scratched up screens (which made it difficult to pay attention to details) and dark rooms that were poorly laid out.... not this year... everything is new, new desks, computers, flat screens... the work. It's about a million times better. Props to George Brown.

Next week I need to duck out of class early to catch Curtis' show (he does stand-up), which I can't miss. Interesting fact: My teacher for this class - Jeff Turner, did the cover photography for a comedy album (The Very White Album) featuring Jeff McEnery, who is quite funny. Curtis and I saw him at Yuk Yuk's in Toronto. Small world.

:) Roon-bop

No comments: