Custom Search

Friday, December 19, 2008

The Night Sky

Admittedly, I haven't been taking many pictures lately. The last pictures I took were for an assignment - use flash as a highlight. The idea is to have a the background be properly exposed and use the flash to gently light up a person in front of the camera.

My husband was VERY kind and came out with me on a very cold evening. I wanted to get the wicked colour of the winter sky during sunset. Below is the picture I submitted. It's actually of he and I.

It was SO cold that night. I had to take my mittens off to set up and take down the camera. I thought my hands were going to fall off! Because I was incapable of moving them, once the camera was sort of in the bag, I asked Curtis to put away the tripod. He picked it up... and it broke! It wasn't a very nice tripod to begin with, and the legs always collapsed on their own.... but now I have to go out and purchase a new one... and let me tell you: I had no idea how expensive they can be! Whoa!!! But it is essential.

:) Roon-bop

No comments: