Custom Search

Friday, December 5, 2008

Painting with light

So, I was fooling around the other day, working on my painting with light assignment, and I decided to do some self-portraits. The focus is off on them, because I had nothing to focus on, but I thought I would share any way.

So, to do this, I had my flash at 1/4 power. I had the camera on bulb (using a remote). The flash went off first, and then I went to town with a very small pointer light and made the following.
I've been working on my assignment quite a bit. It's been challenging getting used to the flashlight as a source of light, trying to maintain a good quality of light, etc. I'm very lucky that I have such a patient husband who is willing to sit for me. I will post pictures of that shortly.
In the mean time, enjoy these pictures. Painting with light is tons of fun. I suggest everyone play around with it...

:) Roon-bop






No comments: