Custom Search

Saturday, April 25, 2009

And now what you've all been waiting for ... waterfalls!

So, on our trip in Argentina, we took a couple days to see the sights of the Iguazu Falls, which are in a word SPECTACULAR! Just beautiful. Okay, well, there are a lot of words that can describe them.

The Iguazu Falls are in the Iguazu National Park. They are in both Argentina and Brazil. We stayed on the Argentinian side, so I don't even get to say that I went to Brazil. One day. And that is what is SO great about the Falls (that they are in a Park). It is trees and trees and trees and far as the eye can see. Unlike Niagara Falls which is a commercial cesspool.

The national park is a subtropical rainforest, which I now know means that it is humid (yes, yes it was) but not as humid as a tropical rainforest. Okay, this is how I would describe the humidity. It felt like I was spending my entire days in hot yoga. The sun was beating down on us at all times, and there were stairs ... so many steep stairs. I should have taken a picture of them, but I was concentrating so hard on not losing my life to a heart attack, that it slipped my mind.

The Iguazu Falls was most definitely the highlight of the trip. I saw toucans for crying out loud and vulchers. How could that NOT be a highlight?

All these pictures below are of the Devil's Throat, which is the largest of all the waterfalls in the park. It is the section that is shared with the Brazillian side.

:) Roon-bop




No comments: