Custom Search

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Oh do I have pictures for you!

Well, I am back from my vacation in Argentina and I took over 1 THOUSAND pictures.

Let me tell you, that is a lot to get through.

So far, I think I'm about half way through. As such, it is time to share.

I won't really get into details of the trip, because this isn't a travel blog, but I have to say, it was a great time. We spent the majority of our time in Buenos Aires, which is basically a European city in South America. Then we spent 3 days in Iguazu at the Iguazu Falls National Park, which was amazing. I haven't got to the waterfall pictures yet, so for now, please enjoy these pictures of La Boca.

La Boca is a district in the city of Buenos Aires. It is a poor part of town, however attracts tourists because of it's brightly coloured buildings. They were originally painted this way, because residents were so poor they would "borrow" paint from the docked ships to paint their homes. This tradition has been kept up as a means to bring in tourists, and boy does it every. On the main strip you will find tango dancers, artisans, guitar players and restaurants. A great place to take pictures! Very inspiring.

I hope you enjoy.

:) Roon-bop


















No comments: