Custom Search

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The last of Kyle

So, I wanted to take a moment to explain this picture of Kyle, because it slitghtly fits into Rembrandt lighting, which was one of our assignemtns.  There was a whole class dedicated to this, but of course, it was the class I missed.  We even have an assignment to produce one and it was looking like I wasn't going to get it, when I found this!  It's not perfect, but considering I hadn't set up the lights with this goal in mind, its not bad.

This was achieved by using one light on the left side of his face.  Generally, I believe that the model would be looking straight on.  The light has to be positioned just right, and the second the model moves, the effect is gone.  Rembrandt lighting, is a traditional lighting technique used for portraits, however is not employed often today.  The goal is to light up one half of the face, much stronger than the other, and have a triangle of light under the eye.

This picture of Kyle is not a great example of such, because of his angle and the strength of the triangle, however you can find more pictures from Google images.

:) Roon-bop



No comments: