Custom Search

Monday, June 9, 2008

A lack of inspiration / motivation?

Well, this weekend I was really pumped because it was Woofstock and I thought to myself: I LOVE dogs & taking pictures of dogs!! This will be the PERFECT opportunity for me. Well, I went... I took a few photos, but none that I liked. It was very hot out, and bright, so I was hot and uncomfortable... I blame that. However, a friend of mine went as well and I saw some of her pictures and they are GREAT! Ugh! I'm so jealous. I saw a shot she took of some dog cookies and treats, it is so good!

The problem is that I need to have 10 pictures for my final project in my photography class, and currently I have 2 maybe 3 that I will be submitting. I'm feeling a little stressed about that. I won't have any time to take pictures during the work week, because I have class 2 of the days and the other 2 I've got reservations for comedy shows. Maybe I'll bring my camera to the comedy clubs... see if I can get a picture of a comedian and use that as my "take a picture of someone you've never photographed before" category. This weekend I am going to have to focus really hard at getting some good shots. I need to think outside of comfort zone of taking pictures of Dimi and Curtis at the park. I need to think more creatively... I'm just afraid that it's not going to happen. I'm so used to being inspired by what I'm photographing, instead of working the other way around. If I want to be a great photographer, I'll need to work on that.

Oi!

:) Roon-bop

No comments: