Custom Search

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Oh Happy Day!!!

Well ladies & gentlemen, good news has arrived! I have officially purchased my camera!! I ended up getting it from Downtown Camera, because they have the lowest initial pricing (and not the if we get caught charging $50 more, well bump it down to the same price). Also, they were knowledgeable and took the time to go through everything with me, camera, lenses, bag, memory card. At Henry's it took me 20 minutes just to speak with someone. I felt like they were more trustworthy at Downtown Camera. They weren't trying to sell me the most expensive lenses, they were trying to get something that suited me.

So, I'm sure you're all wondering what I chose:
The Nikon D300, which got great reviews on Digital Photography Review and just about every other review I read. I did not get the lens that it was bundled with. I opted for a higher quality with less zoom. I got the brand new AF-S DX Nikkor 16 - 85 mm f/3.5-5.6 ED VR, which should suit my needs to photographing people and pets. Eventually, I'll probably try to get a wide lens and then a telephoto, but for now this will suit me just fine.

I have the battery juicing up and once that's good, I'll let you know how I like my pretty new camera! This week in Thursday's Photography 1 class, we'll be learning all about the buttons and how to function the camera, so I'm all set! Next stop - reading the manual! How exciting...

:) Roon-bop

No comments: