Custom Search

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Photoshop Class - Week 2

Last night's class was another success. Sometimes I felt we were moving a little slow and truth be told, I do lose a bit of my patience when a person next to me asks me questions while the teacher is speaking because they didn't understand the last thing the teacher said. Luckily, that only happened a couple times last night.

In this week's class we learned how to resize and rotate objects in a layer, which was something that I had wanted to know after last week's class. We learned about contrast and composure and adjusting the colour on photos to make them look richer. Of course, we were told there is no science to this, just something you have to get the feel for. We learned about the dodge and burn tools, and we learned about adding text and manipulating it so that it stands out.

Below are some pictures I worked on. The first was just adding paint to a picture. In this picture I gave a smiley face to the faceless child. The other two are the same picture. the first is the original straight from the camera, the second is the one I manipulated, changing brightness, contrast, colour and the dodge and burn tools. I used the dodge tool to brighten up Dimi and the burn tool to make the ground below Curtis and Dimi darker to show more detail. See if you can see the differences. Who knows if my alterations made it better. It's all part of the learning process.

:) Roon-bop



No comments: