Custom Search

Friday, May 30, 2008

Photography - Week 4

In class this week we met up at the Distillery district. It was my first time there and its a really cool place. We all just went around for about an hour taking pictures and asking the teacher questions. We had great weather for it too! Below are a couple of pictures I took while I was there. Apparently a couple people in the class were asked to not take pictures (apparently because businesses own the rights to their buildings, they are able to do that).

After our little field trip we went back to class and learned about light: front, back, side, down, bouncing, flashes. Some of it was a bit repetitive from last week, but still good. We learned about programming our cameras white balance to suit the lighting: flash, shade, tungsten, sunshine, etc. I discovered that with my camera I'm able to program in actual Kelvins (measurement of light), so just another manual control to work with.

:) Roon-bop









No comments: